ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: junit test summary - can I just get one?
Date Tue, 16 Jan 2001 13:51:14 GMT
Stephane Bailliez <sbailliez@imediation.com> wrote:

> Running in the Ant VM doesnt't have much sense for me.

It depends on the number of tests of course. Forking a new VM will
generate a huge overhead - especially when using the current design
where a new VM would be spawned for each test class. If we change the
design to one single separate VM for all tests running from a single
junit tasks, this may be not that big an issue ...

> Doing this might imply a lot of change and some features I would
> like to add will intercept with the one in the todo list in JUnit,
> so I will wait a little bit for it, and see if I can also
> participate to JUnit dev.

If I had time ... Really, your work is much appreciated and I'd love
to get involved with it much more - let's coordinate this off list.

> Sorry for this delay

I don't know how long it would have taken if it wasn't for you.

> but expect cool reports :)

Looking forward to it.

Stefan