ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Problem Compiling Servlets with build file
Date Mon, 29 Jan 2001 08:17:46 GMT
Maximilian Rehm <m.rehm@netnolix.com> wrote:

> When trying to build my project with ant my servlets are not
> compiled and are not copied to WEB-INF/classes in my project
> directory.  All other files (eg support files) in my src directory
> are being copied no problem.

The build file you are using has been designed for a version of Ant
that was current in April 2000 (when Tomcat 3.1 has been released). I
have not tried to find all problems, but it obviously depends on an
old feature where a target named init would be treated
differently. This won't work with Ant 1.2.

> I've installed jdk1.3, tomcat 3.1 and ant 1.2 on Win2K Prof

As you are not getting any error messages I doubt you are really using
Ant 1.2, most probably you pick up an older version of it from your
CLASSPATH (i.e. remove the ant.jar that shipped with Tomcat
3.1). After that you'll have to modify the sample build file to
actually work with Ant 1.2.

The best option might be to upgrade to Tomcat 3.2.1 anyway. I *hope*
the sample build files have been adapted to Ant 1.2 there.

Stefan