ant-user mailing list archives

From mik...@ingen.reklam.staldal.nu (Mikael Ståldal)
Subject Re: IDL compilation with ant -> problem?
Date Tue, 02 Jan 2001 14:53:11 GMT
In article <B6745453.E59Aduncan@x180.net>,
James Duncan Davidson <duncan@x180.net> wrote:

>> Is there some sort of dependency checking possible or do we have to
>> write a seperate tool that generates build files based on dependencies?
>
>Dependency checking is a function of the task itself.

Then I want to have general dependency checking in the <java>, <exec>
and <execon> tasks, since they are used to invoke translation utilites.

I don't like the idea to have to write a separate task for each
translation utility, just because I want basic dependency checking.

specify one target file and a Fileset of source files, and the task
should only be executed if at least one of the source files is newer
than the target file. For <execon>, you already have the source file
set.