ant-user mailing list archives

From dbenn...@ca.ibm.com
Subject RE: FTP Question
Date Wed, 03 Jan 2001 17:32:29 GMT

I get "get" it to work recursively by using the "include" element as part
of the ftp task.

For example,

<fileset dir="${workdir}">
     <include name="**/*" />
</fileset>
                     <ftp action="get"
                               verbose="yes"
                               server="blah.blah.com"
                               userid="xxxxx"
                               password="yyyy"
                               remotedir="/home/images/">
                               <fileset dir="${coImages}">
                                   <include name="**/*" />
                                 </fileset>
                     </ftp>

David Bennett
416.448.2630
IBM Toronto Lab - Visual Age for Java - ID
dbennett@ca.ibm.com

"Neal, Eddie" <Eddie.Neal@turner.com> on 01/03/2001 11:11:18 AM

Please respond to ant-user@jakarta.apache.org

To:   "'ant-user@jakarta.apache.org'" <ant-user@jakarta.apache.org>
cc:
Subject:  RE: FTP Question

I've tried this fix and it doesn't work.  Here is the updated target I
tried:

           <target name="getImages" depends="init">
                     <echo message="building images file..."/>
                     <mkdir dir="${coImages}"/>
                     <echo message="Getting images..."/>
                     <ftp action="get"
                               verbose="yes"
                               server="blah.blah.com"
                               userid="xxxxx"
                               password="yyyy"
                               remotedir="/home/images/">
                               <fileset dir="${coImages}/**"/>
                     </ftp>
           </target><!-- end of get images target -->

When I run this target I get the error message:

D:\Work\CartoonOrbit\ant_related\build.xml:61:
D:\Work\CartoonOrbit\ant_related\
extract\CartoonOrbit\images\** not found.

When I run the target with <fileset dir="${coImages}"/>, the top level
files
are retrieved, however
the subdirectories are not recursivley retrieved.  Is there anyway to do a
"recursive get"?

thanks

Eddie Neal