ant-user mailing list archives

From "Neill Laney" <nmla...@hotmail.com>
Subject java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError
Date Fri, 05 Jan 2001 22:10:28 GMT
RedHat 7, Tomcat 3.1-4, JDK 1.3

Exception in thread "main" "java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError :
org/apache/tools/ant/Main

I'm trying to run the sample application in the Tomcat documentation located
at  http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/jakarta-tomcat/src/doc/appdev/sample/

The directory strutcure is:
JDK - /usr/java/bin
Working (Source) Directory - /opt/apache/doc/appdev/sample

the first error message was "command not found 'java'" which I fixed by
adding "export PATH=/usr/java/bin:$PATH" to the build file. Then the
complile error pasted above. It looks like a path error, but I'm new to both
Linux and Java. I don't understand anything about shell scripting and these
files look like Greek to me. Please help!

Neill Laney
http://home.nc.rr.com/nlaney