ant-user mailing list archives

From "Sibon Barman" <si...@ss8.com>
Subject RE: Antwort: class file size difference between Ant script and JBuilder
Date Wed, 31 Jan 2001 15:57:56 GMT
Here are 4 classes that shows the class size problem. The larger class files
are always generated by the JBuilder IDE compiler and the smaller ones
generated by the jdk1.3. The source files had not been changed between
generation of the class files. I would appreciate if somebody could find out
the mystery of the class file generation of these 2 compilers --- also as I
said before classes generated by JBuilder IDE compiler works while the jdk
doesn't.

Cheers,

Sibon Barman
SS8 Networks, Inc.
Suite 500
495 March Road, Kanata,
Ontario K2K 3G1

*: (613)592-2100 ext:3281
*: sibon@ss8.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Edwin.Guenthner@Compart.net [mailto:Edwin.Guenthner@Compart.net]
Sent: Wednesday, January 31, 2001 2:47 AM
To: ant-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: RE: Antwort: class file size difference between Ant script and
JBuilder

Hi,

SB> I used the Sun's 1.3 JDK to compile rather than JBuilder's 1.3
compiler. I
SB> still have the same problem.

Really strange. I would recommened to get things working with SUN - since
SUN is kinda standard.

SB> Here is the error I get:
SB> java.lang.VerifyError: (class: com/adventnet/nms/mapui/ListFilter,
method:

Would be nice to see the javap -c code from your classes ...

I know the guy who is responsible for the Borland compiler - I assume that
he
would be quite eager to find out whether "his baby" or javac is producing
illegal code.

greetings,