ant-user mailing list archives

From "Conor MacNeill" <>
Subject RE: What's the status of Properties?
Date Mon, 08 Jan 2001 00:12:25 GMT

That is a fair criticism. The version of ant you have been using is a
version that was bundled with tomcat 3.1, I guess. It is pretty old, was
never really documented and predates the ant project as a separate entity.
We consider ant 1.1 as the first real release of ant as a standalone
product. The choice of 1.1 as the first release number was recognition,
somewhat, that there already existed some prior versions of ant.

The behaviour you mention was removed from ant while it was still part of
tomcat. Most users have completed that particular transition now so we don't
see many problems like your's these days. You may also find that you are
unable to change the values of properties

We do try to include build-breaker information for the later releases of

Sorry about that.

View raw message