ant-user mailing list archives

From Patrick Moylan <>
Subject Questions on Exec and stuff
Date Tue, 16 Jan 2001 19:31:44 GMT
I am new at this. I am trying to run an exec command using some of the
examples in the docs and it doesnt appear to work. This is on Windows NT.
Here is the script.

<project name="Test" basedir="." default="test">
<target name="init">
<property name="path" value="${PATH}" />
<target name="test" depends="init">
<exec dir="${basedir}" executable="dir" os="windows" output="dir.txt">
<target name="echo" depends="test">
This is a longer message stretching over
two lines.

1.It says it is succesful but does not list the contents of the $(basedir)
in the dir.txt
2. In my target 'init' I am just trying to get the system path of the OS, is
this correct?
3. The only way I can get all three targets to run is to call the last
target, since I placed a depends there. What is the order of precedence of
running these?How can I get it to do all targets?

View raw message