ant-user mailing list archives

From Paul Scott <p...@jyrographix.com>
Subject using ant on MacOS X beta
Date Thu, 18 Jan 2001 04:40:49 GMT
I've been trying to get ant to work on MacOS X, but I cannot seem to get it working.

I've got it installed in /usr/local/ant, and $ANT_HOME is set to the same.

the classpath is set to
/usr/local/ant/lib/ant.jar:/usr/local/ant/lib/jaxp.jar:/usr/local/ant/lib/parser.jar

It complains that I do not have a JAXP compliant xml parser.
It then complains it cannot find the class org/apache/tools/ant/UnknownElement and crashes
with that exception.

java -version gives me
java version "1.2.2"
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (1.3.0, mixed mode, internal release build)

what am I doing wrong? I'd really like to get this thing working, as  there are several java
projects that build using ant.