ant-user mailing list archives

From Joe McGlynn <mcgl...@onetouch.com>
Subject RE: Stupid Windows question
Date Tue, 02 Jan 2001 18:08:09 GMT
J2 eliminates the need (on Windoze) to have a classpath if you are only
using standard J2 classes.  At least that has been my experience.

If, from dos, you type "echo %CLASSPATH%", see CLASSPATH (ALL CAPS) with the
explicit name of the .JARs you need defined, you *should* be in business.

Don't ask me to apologize for the OS though :)

-----Original Message-----
From: James Bucanek [mailto:subscriber@gloaming.com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 02, 2001 10:00 AM
To: ant-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: RE: Stupid Windows question

At 9:33 AM -0800 1/2/01, Joe McGlynn wrote:
>Define an environment variable with the fully-qualified, full name of each
>.jar, and the root directory of any tree containing un-jared classes.  Like
>so:
>
>If you have foo.jar in C:\myjars,
>and "loose" .class files in d:\mystuff\com\joe\util that are part a package
>com.joe.util
>then define a classpath as such:
>
>set classpath=c:\myjars\foo.jar;d:\mystuff

Besides the fact the I've yet to get this to work, wasn't Java
1.2/1.3 supposed to eliminate all of this classpath nonsense for
library classes & jars?  At least is does for other platforms.  Why
doesn't Win Java find them in the lib or lib/ext directories?

James Bucanek
<mailto:privatereply@gloaming.com>