ant-user mailing list archives

From James Duncan Davidson <dun...@x180.net>
Subject Re: Parameterized "task-function"
Date Sun, 14 Jan 2001 02:49:34 GMT
On 1/10/01 10:48 PM, "Jason Rosenberg" <jason@squaretrade.com> wrote:

> Right on!   Be vocal about this, because the Ant powers that
> be don't seem interested in providing the needed functionality
> to do what you are asking.  I have been getting around it by
> using the <script> task and using javascript, etc.
>
> Ant is a scripting language!  Right On!

Ant is not a scripting language. Saying it a few thousand times won't make
it so. If you want to build a build system around a scripting language (my
suggestion: JavaScript using the Rhino engine), then by all means do it.
Scratch your itch. But don't keep trying to make Ant something it is not.

                                                                  !try; do()