ant-user mailing list archives

From "Boniakowski,Jeb" <JBoniakow...@nntllc.com>
Subject ant and I have a failure to communicate (on compile targets/javac tasks)
Date Tue, 09 Jan 2001 17:29:59 GMT
Hi.  Sorry for this admittedly annoying type of question, but I can't figure
out the answer, after reading everything else I could find.

I'm using basically the included build.xml.  Here's the compile target:

  <target name="compile" depends="prepare">
    <javac srcdir="src" destdir="${deploy.home}/WEB-INF/classes"
           classpath="${deploy.home}/WEB-INF/classes"
           debug="on" optimize="off" deprecation="off"/>
  </target>

Haven't changed it all.  All of my directories are set up as suggested by
the docs.

The comment in build.xml says that the "javac" task should recurse down the
dir tree compiling classes that don't exist or are newer than their .class
files.  Well, mine doesn't even go down one level.  If I put a file in src
that looks like this:

Foo.java:
	public class Foo{ break compiler }

Ant marches on ahead without complaint.  There is no Foo.class in my
{deploy.home}/WEB-INF/classes directory.  It copies non-.java files from my
src/ dir fine.  If I do "build clean", my webapps/nnt (name of my app) is
deleted.  If I do build all, it is deleted and then all of the classes are
copied back to the same place and work fine and all, but only if I go
through the src/ try and manually compile them first.

Does anyone have any idea what I am missing here?

jeb.