ant-user mailing list archives

From Jeff Martin <>
Subject RE: Passing build.xml thru XSLT?
Date Wed, 24 Jan 2001 11:23:26 GMT
You could possibly create a wrapper build file which uses the <style> task
to style a build file and then you can call the output using the <ant> task.

-----Original Message-----
From: Tim Vernum []
Sent: 24 January 2001 05:06
To: ''
Subject: Passing build.xml thru XSLT?

Is there anyway to have my build.xml file passed through a stylesheet
transformation inside of ant?
I'm happy to use XSLT for all the ugly template type stuff I
I'm happy to use XML entities for includes.
I have a "xsl-stylesheet" head in my build.xml.
But what I really want/need/think-I-need is to have ant pass the build.xml
through Xalan to process the XSL.
Can I do that?
My other alternative is to use a wrapper around ant to do this, but then I
need to handle the buildfile options, and re-implement the searching for
build.xml myself, which seems a waste.
Or I can make developers manually regenerate their build.xml when I change
the style-sheet, but I'd rather not leave it to that.
Is there something I've missed? Or am I out of luck?

View raw message