ant-user mailing list archives

From Stephane Bailliez <sbaill...@imediation.com>
Subject RE: Ant newbie - Compiler Problems
Date Mon, 29 Jan 2001 11:18:51 GMT
If you don't give a build.xml sample about your compile target, I'm afraid
it will be difficult to help you...

All I can say without being a mind reader is that it obviouslly does not
have the servlet API in the classpath when compiling.

Waiting for your xml file.

--
 St├ęphane Bailliez
 Software Engineer, Paris - France
 iMediation - http://www.imediation.com
company.

-----Original Message-----
From: Vincent Kennedy [mailto:vincent_kennedy@hotmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, January 24, 2001 12:31 PM
To: ant-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Ant newbie - Compiler Problems

I apologise in advance if this problem is stupidly simple, but I am a
newcomer to Ant.
I am running Ant 1.2, Jakarta-Tomcar 3.2.1, JDK 1.3, and all this on Win NT.
I have modified the sample build.xml file to build a simple servlet. When I
run Ant I get the following message

    [javac] File to be compiled:
    D:\Apache\jakarta-tomcat-3.2.1\webapps\Vince\src\Hello.java

    [javac] D:\Apache\jakarta-tomcat-3.2.1\webapps\Vince\src\Hello.java:67:
cannot resolve symbol
    [javac] symbol  : class ServletException
    [javac] location: package servlet
    [javac] import javax.servlet.ServletException;
    [javac]                      ^

The complier repeats this for each import of the javax.servlet class.
It seems that it cant find the javax.servlet package.
I have tried pointing my classpath everywhere logical, and through
frustration most places illogical - Has anybody any ideas how to solve this?
I suspect that it is some sort of incompatibilty with jdk1.3 - Either that
or something so simple that you will all be laughing at me!

Any help would be appreciated.