ant-user mailing list archives

From Steve Wilkinson <swilkin...@NETdelivery.com>
Subject RE: Antwort: class file size difference between Ant script and JB uilder
Date Tue, 30 Jan 2001 20:37:49 GMT
I use ant and JB4 to build my code interchangably and I am able to debug my
code within JB4 in both cases.  So I think it's an environment issue.

Why do you keep saying bjc?  Are you compiling from the command line using
bjc?  How do you launch bjc from the IDE?  bjc is a command line tool.  When
I type bjc from the command line I get this...

Borland Compiler 1.3.004 for Java
Copyright (c) 1997-2000 Inprise Corporation. All Rights Reserved.
Usage: bcj [-g][-verbose][-quiet][-nowarn][-obfuscate][-encoding name][-d
dir][-
classpath path][-bootclasspath path][-extdirs path][-sourcepath
path][-target re
lease] {file.java}

I'm pretty sure compiling from IDE does not use bjc, I believe this because
I have both JDK1.2.2 and JDK1.3 code bases.  The JDK1.2.2 code base is
compiled with JDK1.2.2 javac.

Steve

-----Original Message-----
From: Sibon Barman [mailto:sibon@ss8.com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 30, 2001 1:16 PM
To: ant-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: RE: Antwort: class file size difference between Ant script and
JBuilder

I used the Sun's 1.3 JDK to compile rather than JBuilder's 1.3 compiler. I
still have the same problem.
Here is the error I get:
java.lang.VerifyError: (class: com/adventnet/nms/mapui/ListFilter, method:
PropAction signature: (Ljava/awt/Event;Ljava/lang/Object;)Z) Incompatible
object argument for function call
	at com.adventnet.nms.mapui.NmsListView.init(NmsListView.java:90)
	at
com.adventnet.nms.startclient.MainPanel.addPanelToList(MainPanel.java:561)
	at
com.adventnet.nms.startclient.MainPanel.addPanelToList(MainPanel.java:556)
	at
com.adventnet.nms.startclient.MainPanel.initXMLNodeParms(MainPanel.java:1560
)
	at
com.adventnet.nms.startclient.MainPanel.initializeTreeParms(MainPanel.java,
Compiled Code)
	at com.adventnet.nms.startclient.MainPanel.run(MainPanel.java,
Compiled
Code)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

But the same code compiled with Jbuilder4 works fine. It is driving me nuts.

Sibon Barman
SS8 Networks, Inc.
Suite 500
495 March Road, Kanata,