ant-user mailing list archives

From Tim Vernum <Tim.Ver...@macquarie.com.au>
Subject RE: "Foreach"-task?
Date Mon, 29 Jan 2001 23:59:57 GMT

> There is currently no foreach-task. (And maybe there will never be one).

> A solution would be 1) to write your own task or 2) to use the script-task
> to solve this.

Or you can use XSLT.
The issues with that are:

 1) Ant doesn't currently send the build.xml through an XSLT processor.
    You either need to hack ant, put a wrapper around ant, or rebuilt your build.xml from
the input and stylesheet each time one changes.

 2) I had some unresolved namespace issues when using Xalan-1 and Xerces-J to create my build.xml.
   But I only spent an hour or so on it, so it's probably solvable.

 3) You need to learn XSLT.

 4) XSLT is ugly.