ant-user mailing list archives

From Tim Vernum <Tim.Ver...@macquarie.com.au>
Subject Passing build.xml thru XSLT?
Date Wed, 24 Jan 2001 05:06:14 GMT
Is there anyway to have my build.xml file passed through a stylesheet transformation inside
of ant?

I'm happy to use XSLT for all the ugly template type stuff I want/need/think-I-need.
I'm happy to use XML entities for includes.

I have a "xsl-stylesheet" head in my build.xml.

But what I really want/need/think-I-need is to have ant pass the build.xml through Xalan to
process the XSL.
Can I do that?

My other alternative is to use a wrapper around ant to do this, but then I need to handle
the buildfile options, and re-implement the searching for build.xml myself, which seems a
waste.

Or I can make developers manually regenerate their build.xml when I change the style-sheet,
but I'd rather not leave it to that.

Is there something I've missed? Or am I out of luck?