ant-user mailing list archives

From Steve Donie <sdo...@zycor.lgc.com>
Subject finding out the results of a fileset
Date Thu, 11 Jan 2001 20:36:08 GMT
I have a jar task that creates a fileset that should have files in it, but
the build is failing with the message,

"E:\Work\tahoe\tools\build.xml:193: Cannot create jar archive
E:\Work\tahoe\dist\20010111\com_lgc_dsClient.jar: no files were included."

Here's the snippet of build.xml:
  <target name="jar-client" depends="compile,rmic"
if="manifest.client.present">
    <mkdir dir="${dist}/${DSTAMP}" />

    <echo file="ClientManifest.txt" />
    <jar
      jarfile="${dist}/${DSTAMP}/com_lgc_dsClient.jar"
      basedir="${classes}"
      excludes="**/**"
      includesfile="ClientManifest.txt"
      whenempty="fail" />
  </target>

I am also puzzled about the echo task in this target not working - should
it?

How can I tell what files a fileset is looking for, which one it found,
etc.? I can't tell if it is processing the ClientManifest.txt or not.

If I take out the excludes line above, I do get a jar file, but it has
EVERYTHING in the ${classes} dir, which is not what I want - I just want the
files listed in the ClientManifest.txt.