ant-user mailing list archives

From Cristiano Sadun <c...@gdpm.no>
Subject RE: Build.xml question
Date Thu, 25 Jan 2001 16:40:41 GMT
Thanks. The pool-related stuff, is basically the same job I did couple of
years ago for another tool, cpacker - I just used a set of inner classes to
a "CPoolReader" class which offers a "getUsedClasses" method returning a
String[], on which another class iterates. Probably Conor's code is cleaner
on the iteration part. ;-)

-cs

--
God is Real, unless declared Integer
ObjectZone - http://space.tin.it.computer/csadun

-----Original Message-----
From: Stefan Bodewig [mailto:bodewig@apache.org]
Sent: Thursday, January 25, 2001 5:14 PM
To: ant-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Re: Build.xml question

Cristiano Sadun <cris@gdpm.no> wrote:

> The reason for my second question was that I'm writing (in spare
> time) a makefile generator which computes dependencies from java
> classes' constant pool, as both MMake and Makify dont generate the
> kind of makefile tree I need to control large projects.

Take a look at Conor's code to the <depend> task in recent CVS, it
might give you some additional ideas - or you could feed your
experience back to Ant's code.

What you describe is no problem for Ant, as you wouldn't define a
target for each class, but live with a single <javac> task that does
all the work.

Stefan