ant-user mailing list archives

From Cristiano Sadun <c...@gdpm.no>
Subject RE: Build.xml question
Date Thu, 25 Jan 2001 15:33:41 GMT
I just subscribed to the list exactly to pose this question. :) I'm defining
the guidelines for a project's next increment and was evaluating ant instead
of a more traditional make. Since the project (mainly in Java) is
medium/big, and will grow more, in the previous increment I adopted the
classical one-makefile/several included makefile (one per java package)
which worked well. However, one of the senior developers here likes ant and
(!) has never tried make, and (also seen the classical make boring details)
I'm willing to evaluate ant.

However, in the FAQ there's a tecnique based on XML entities - frankly, I
don't like it much but you may use it to do the job.

Besides, how (if) ant handles possible circular dependencies between sources
- possible in Java?

--
God is Real, unless declared Integer
ObjectZone - http://space.tin.it.computer/csadun

-----Original Message-----
From: Deryk Sinotte [mailto:deryk.sinotte@audesi.com]
Sent: Thursday, January 25, 2001 4:33 PM
To: 'ant-user@jakarta.apache.org'
Subject: RE: Build.xml question

I would be interested in this as well.  Right now we have hacked together
(with borrowed code from Elliot Rusty Harold) a quick XInclude processor
that allows standard use of xinclude tags to perform this task.  We haven't
finished incorporating it in yet...still trying to figure out where it
should fit.  However, if there is or is going to be an "official" ant way
for doing this, please let me know.

Thanks,
Deryk