ant-user mailing list archives

From Thad Humphries <t...@mindwrap.com>
Subject signing JAR files with Netscape signtool
Date Wed, 03 Jan 2001 19:26:34 GMT
I have a VeriSign Digital ID Class 3 cert for that I use for signing
applets.  I use Netscape's signtool which can sign applets secured either
with the old Netscape security scheme or the newer Java 2 method.

Ant's <signjar> tag apparently uses Java's jarsigner which requires (by my
reading) an X.509 certificate.  When I try to direct <signjar> to my
.netscape directory or the certificate I export from it, ant tells me that
jarsigner is "unable to instantiate the keystore class".  Is VeriSign's
Digital ID Class 3 cert not X.509 or am I doing something wrong?

I've gotten around this (for now) by using the <exec> tag and the script
file I use when signing from the command line but I'd like to know if there
is a better way about this.
Thad Humphries                              "Microsoft... What do you want
Web Development Manager                      to reinstall today?"
Phone: 540/675-3015, ext. 225                                    - Unknown