ant-user mailing list archives

From Bevan Arps <bevan.a...@actfs.co.nz>
Subject Copy Target
Date Tue, 30 Jan 2001 22:28:56 GMT

We're sucessfully using ANT to automate our production builds for Delphi
- it's a great tool.

One problem we're having though with the "copy" task. To explain:

We want to automate the archving of successful builds onto our network

eg

A build might product four executables:

alpha.exe
beta.exe
gamma.exe
delta.exe

We ONLY want to archive the files NOT already archived. So, if the
archive directory already contains this:

alpha.exe
gamma.exe

we want to copy beta.exe and delta.exe into place.

Our problem with the copy task is that it ALWAYS copies newer files, so
it would overwrite the existing alpha.exe and gamma.exe. We don't want
this.

We have a workaround using a third directory but it's network intensive.

I thought about diving into the source and changing the "overwrite" to
have the following values:

no - copy only missing files
yes - copy all files
newer - copy newer files

But I don't know where to start.

Any thoughts?

Cheers,
Bevan.

Bevan Arps, OO Analyst                    email: bevan.arps@actfs.co.nz
ACT Financial Systems     "Programming is an Art Form that Fights Back"
This  communication  is confidential  to ACT  Financial  Systems  (Asia
Pacific)  and is intended for  use only by the  addressee.   The  views
and opinions  expressed in  this email  are the senders  own and do not
Pacific).