ant-user mailing list archives

From Bevan Arps <bevan.a...@actfs.co.nz>
Subject Re: getting result back from an <exec> task
Date Mon, 22 Jan 2001 22:34:58 GMT

Nico Seessle wrote:

> Your buildfile does not exit with "build failed" in this case?

No it doesn't - because I explicitly have failonerror set to No.

I'm using ANT to do completely unattended builds of more than 70
distinct applications - I can't abort the build of the last 50 just
because #19 doesn't compile.

What I need is to be able to detect whether the build worked and take
appropriate action - in this case, generating different messages for the
log file.

At present I do this by detecting whether the appropriate output file
was created, but this is a hack. Being able to work directly from the
result code of the compiler would be ideal.

Cheers,
Bevan.

Bevan Arps, OO Analyst                    email: bevan.arps@actfs.co.nz
ACT Financial Systems     "Programming is an Art Form that Fights Back"
This  communication  is confidential  to ACT  Financial  Systems  (Asia
Pacific)  and is intended for  use only by the  addressee.   The  views
and opinions  expressed in  this email  are the senders  own and do not
Pacific).