ant-user mailing list archives

From Bevan Arps <bevan.a...@actfs.co.nz>
Subject Re: getting result back from an <exec> task
Date Mon, 22 Jan 2001 21:59:40 GMT
Nico wrote

> Can you tell us for what you would use this?

One use: The Delphi compiler sets a result code based on whether the
compilation worked or failed.

At the moment I have to detect success/failure based on whether specific
output files are created.

Another use:

I need to check that certain characteristics of the executables are
consistent. For Delphi applications, I need to check the version number
matches that of the build process run.

If exec returned the error code, I could easily return a match/nomatch
result to ANT from my checking exe.

FYI:
The standard for this (inherited all the way from CPM!) is zero for no
error, any other number identifies the error found.

Hope this helps,
Bevan.

Bevan Arps, OO Analyst                    email: bevan.arps@actfs.co.nz
ACT Financial Systems     "Programming is an Art Form that Fights Back"
This  communication  is confidential  to ACT  Financial  Systems  (Asia
Pacific)  and is intended for  use only by the  addressee.   The  views
and opinions  expressed in  this email  are the senders  own and do not
Pacific).