ant-user mailing list archives

From Bevan Arps <bevan.a...@actfs.co.nz>
Subject Re: Fully Automated Builds
Date Thu, 18 Jan 2001 23:36:37 GMT
Filip Hanik wrote:

> -logfile mybuid.log should do it

This only captures ALL the ant output to a file (and includes all of the
ANT overhead as well) - I want to capture the output of *each*
compilation to a separate file.

Eg: Say I trigger a build of a serious of CORBA services we are writing.

I want ANT to attempt to compile and build each of the following jars:

tnz_user_service
tnz_vehicle_service
pricinging_scenario_service

I also want to produce a log on our intranet that lists the results of
each build *separately*.

I already have this up and running for Delphi builds, but not for Java.

In other words, I want to get the following output log files from the
build:

Logs/tnz_user_service.log
Logs/tnz_vehicle_service.log
Logs/pricinging_scenario_service.log

Once I have these files the rest of the logging system will pick them up
as I desire.

Thanks for your idea, Filip.

Any more ideas?

Ta,
Bevan.

Bevan Arps, OO Analyst                    email: bevan.arps@actfs.co.nz
ACT Financial Systems     "Programming is an Art Form that Fights Back"
This  communication  is confidential  to ACT  Financial  Systems  (Asia
Pacific)  and is intended for  use only by the  addressee.   The  views
and opinions  expressed in  this email  are the senders  own and do not
Pacific).