ant-user mailing list archives

From David Corbin <david.cor...@machturtle.com>
Subject Re: Parameterized "task-function"
Date Wed, 10 Jan 2001 12:47:36 GMT
> David Dabbs wrote:
>
> > Has any thought been given to being able to construct a task from
> > several tasks, and have it parameterized?  I realize this can be
> cobbled
> > together with targets and properties, but we all know that's a lousy
>
> > solution, don't we?
>
> Do you have a use case? I'm not sure what you're looking for. I could
> see a generic task that, given a list of refIds, could execute() them
> in series assuming they've already been defined. Not sure if that
> would buy you much ovcer the ugly way.
>
> David Dabbs

A) I have dozens of .tgz files I want to extract.  To do this, I have to
specify two tasks <gunzip> and <untar>.  I'd like to make one task that
incorporates both.

B) eventually, I hope ANT will support an include.  When it does, I'll
want to be able to "pass arguments" for standard actions.

(That's just starters).  As was pointed out to me, ANT is a scripting
language.  I want function/procedures.   Is that so odd?

--
David Corbin
Mach Turtle Technologies, Inc.