ant-user mailing list archives

From Bevan Arps <bevan.a...@actfs.co.nz>
Subject Re: Removing Redundancy in build file
Date Sun, 07 Jan 2001 19:32:07 GMT
Diane Holt wrote:

> Not sure what you're actually using to get your source-files,
> but if it can take more than one directory argument, you could
> cut down on the number of <antcall>'s by specifying them all at
> once.

This is part of my problem - the produce we're using is QVCS and the
commandline utilities can only take one directory at a time.

> Another way to cut down the redundancy is to set properties
> for the dir names.

Good idea - and I will do that.

However, the key redundancy I'm looking to elminate is that of having to
list the same set of directories (or properties) in more than one place.

What I initially looked for in the Ant documentation was some way to
iterate over a fileset, invoking another target for each of the
contained directories - but this isn't supported.

Thanks for your help,
Bevan.

Bevan Arps, OO Analyst                    email: bevan.arps@actfs.co.nz
ACT Financial Systems     "Programming is an Art Form that Fights Back"
This  communication  is confidential  to ACT  Financial  Systems  (Asia
Pacific)  and is intended for  use only by the  addressee.   The  views
and opinions  expressed in  this email  are the senders  own and do not
Pacific).