ant-user mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <>
Subject Re: regarding WAR file
Date Thu, 04 Jan 2001 18:14:51 GMT
seagull wrote:

>  Hi to all         exactly what steps should be followed to build a web
> Archive file         I have  .class files,HTML files. When i build the
> NoClassDefFound error peeps.         I have incuded the  all jar files as per
> the ant doc.

You might do better asking a servlet-specific question like this on the

Basically, a web application archive file is a JAR with a particular internal
organization, so you can use Ant's <jar> task to created it.  The required
internal organization is defined in the Servlet API Specification, version 2.2,
which you can download from

Tomcat 3.2 also includes an Application Developer's Guide document that
discusses using Ant to organize and build your webapps.

Craig McClanahan

View raw message