ant-user mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <Craig.McClana...@eng.sun.com>
Subject Re: regarding WAR file
Date Thu, 04 Jan 2001 18:14:51 GMT
seagull wrote:

>  Hi to all         exactly what steps should be followed to build a web
> Archive file         I have  .class files,HTML files. When i build the
> NoClassDefFound error peeps.         I have incuded the  all jar files as per
> the ant doc.

You might do better asking a servlet-specific question like this on the
TOMCAT-USER@JAKARTA.APACHE.ORG mailing list.

Basically, a web application archive file is a JAR with a particular internal
organization, so you can use Ant's <jar> task to created it.  The required
internal organization is defined in the Servlet API Specification, version 2.2,
which you can download from
<http://java.sun.com/products/servlet/download.html>.

Tomcat 3.2 also includes an Application Developer's Guide document that
discusses using Ant to organize and build your webapps.

Craig McClanahan