ant-user mailing list archives

From Frank Heinst├Ątter <>
Subject Re: ftp task... please pardon the redundancy
Date Wed, 17 Jan 2001 20:42:25 GMT
Hi Craig!

Obviously it was not documented. This is the way I solved it:

1) download NetComponents.jar (NetComponents 1.3.8) from and add it to your CLASSPATH

2) add a global task such as this to your buildfile:
<taskdef name="ftp" classname=""/>

I'm not sure why I had to do 2), as this is included in

Hope I could help.

> when I try:
> <target name="ftp">
>   <ftp server="servername"

>   </ftp>
> </target>
> I get the following:
> build.xml:111: Could not create task of type: ftp.
> Common solutions are to use taskdef to declare your
> task, or, if this is an optional task, to put the
> optional.jar in the lib directory of your ant
> installation (ANT_HOME).
> The optional.jar file is in my ANT_HOME. I'm using
> ant1.2 and jdk1.1.8... hmmm is that my problem? Should
> I use jdk1.3? And if so, how do I use jdk1.3 to
> execute ant and then jdk1.1.8 to compile my code?

Sent through GMX FreeMail -

View raw message