ant-user mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <dona...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Need if/unless features
Date Fri, 29 Dec 2000 12:36:07 GMT
At 02:54  22/12/00 -0500, Jason Rosenberg wrote:
>I would like to be able to have something similar to the if/unless
>attributes for the <target> tag, which causes the if/unless gating
>to happen before any of the dependent targets are evaluated.

>There are cases where I do know that I don't want a target, or any
>of its dependent targets to be evaluated, if a certain condition
>is true.

Agreed - this is a problem ant2.0 will address hopefully. Many people have
asked for it in one way or another ... What I suggest is something like

<target name="t1" depends="t2"/>
<target name="t2" if="execute.t2"/>

<target name="t1" if="execute.t1">
  <ant-call target="t1"/>
</target>

It is not efficient or pretty but it does work ;)
>Currently, what happens when you have an if and an unless in the
>same target?  Is it allowed.  Are the 2 conditions "anded" or "ored"?

don't know what the actual behaviour is but it should be undefined ;)
Cheers,

Pete