ant-user mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <dona...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Setting classpath
Date Fri, 29 Dec 2000 11:09:24 GMT
At 11:45  24/12/00 +0100, Nico Seessle wrote:
>> And, I've discovered, when you set the classpath for the junit task, you
>> have to add both optional.jar and ant.jar to the classpath (at least you
>> do if you have "fork" set).
>
>What are you testing? And what is Ant's reaction if you don't include these
>two jar's in the classpath? (ClassNotFoundException? With what class?)

the problem is that the ant task and the junit.jar have to be loaded from
same classloader (actually the ant junit task has to be able to access all
the junit classes but can be in a different classloader but as ant is
loaded by primordial classloader then they both have to be in primordial ;/

>> Is there anyway to refer to the classpath that ant's VM was invoked
>> with?
>You can refer to it using java-properties, but I don't think you can use
>this to set up a classpath (but I have not tried it :-) )
>
>Nico

Cheers,

Pete