ant-user mailing list archives

From Johannes Zellner <johan...@zellner.org>
Subject javac vs. javadoc
Date Mon, 29 Jan 2001 19:41:46 GMT
Hi,

having a build.xml which lives in the same directory as some
java sources:

<project basedir = ".">
    <javac
      srcdir   = "../../.."
      destdir  = "build"
      includes = "org.zellner.zv/**/*.java"/>

    <javadoc
      srcpath     = "../../.."
      destdir     = "doc"
      sourcefiles = "org/zellner/zv/**/*.java"/>

(The ../../.. is obviously the 'inverse' of org/zellner/zv where
the java sources and the build.xml live.)

1) The javadoc target one doesn't work. It tells me that
   it cannot find any source files.  Why ?
   (If I use packagenames = "org.zellner.zv.*" instead
   of 'sourcefiles' it works)

2) The naming of the attributes seems pretty confusing. Is not

       javac's srcdir    ==  javadoc's srcpath
       javac's includes  ==  javadoc's sourcefiles

   Maybe I misunderstood the meaning of the attributes ?
   Can someone comment on this please ?

--
   Johannes