ant-user mailing list archives

From Craig Comstock <>
Subject ftp task... please pardon the redundancy
Date Wed, 17 Jan 2001 20:04:06 GMT
I am trying to use the ftp task. I read through
several mail archives and couldn't find the answer, so
here goes...

when I try:

<target name="ftp">
  <ftp server="servername"
    <fileset dir="c:/classdir">
      <include name="*.class" />

I get the following:
build.xml:111: Could not create task of type: ftp.
Common solutions are to use taskdef to declare your
task, or, if this is an optional task, to put the
optional.jar in the lib directory of your ant
installation (ANT_HOME).
The optional.jar file is in my ANT_HOME. I'm using
ant1.2 and jdk1.1.8... hmmm is that my problem? Should
I use jdk1.3? And if so, how do I use jdk1.3 to
execute ant and then jdk1.1.8 to compile my code?

email      :
homepage   :
palm-linux :

Do You Yahoo!?