ant-user mailing list archives

From Diane Holt <hol...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: ant as a test harness ?
Date Mon, 15 Jan 2001 21:49:06 GMT
--- Ioan Mitrea <ioan.mitrea@lutris.com> wrote:
> I am particularly interested in using ant in order to integrate testing
> with the build process.
> I would like to get feedback and experience about what kind of tests can
> be integrated with ant
> and what testing frameworks people use.

I use my own, and just use a <java> task to run it. The target allows for
which JDK to test against and which test/suite to run. Both the JDK and
the test/suite can be user-defined. The buildfile reads in a properties
file appropriate to which JDK, and passes the <jvmargs> and <args> off to
the harness. Needed to do a little rework to allow for some additional
<jvmargs> to be passed (instead of it relying on what was set in the
classpath), but once that was done, it works like a champ.

Diane

=====
(holtdl@yahoo.com)