ant-user mailing list archives

From Andrew Goodnough <agoo...@yahoo.com>
Subject Explicit values only in properties file?
Date Mon, 15 Jan 2001 14:51:11 GMT
I have alot of properties defined in my buildfile that
depend on properties defined before it.  This is normal
scripting stuff like:

<!-- descriptor.dir depends on the value of app.src.dir -->
    <property name="app.src.dir" value="src"/>
    <property name="descriptors.dir"
value="${app.src.dir}/descriptors"/>

I want to use a properties file instead but it seems that
I'd have to define them like this:

app.src.dir=src
descriptors.dir=src/descriptors

Is there any way to use variables in properties files?  -It
seems the answer is "no" but is anybody doing anything else
creative along these lines that combines the ability to use
a properties file AND not have to explicitly path
properties?

Andy

=====

Andrew Goodnough
agoodno@yahoo.com

How do you know you've come far enough, until you've gone too far?

- Sheldon Kopp