ant-user mailing list archives

From Diane Holt <hol...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: Jikes & <depend> task
Date Fri, 12 Jan 2001 08:50:41 GMT
--- Holger Rauch <Holger.Rauch@heitec.de> wrote:
> But in the 1.2 subdir there is also an optional.jar file that can be
> copied to the lib subdir of ant. Then the new tasks should be
> available. Or am I wrong in this issue?

Not all optional.jar's include the same tasks. The <depend> task was added
after the 1.2 release, so it's not among the tasks included in the
optional.jar that was bundled with 1.2. To get the <depend> task, you
either need to pick up all of latest CVS and build the whole burrito, or
you could pick up just the source-files from the
org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs/optional/depend directory, compile that,
then add the classfiles to your optional.jar file, and <taskdef> it in
your buildfile the way I showed you. (I did it that way myself because a)
I'm not ready to pick up all of latest CVS just yet, and b) I didn't want
to have to pick up all the additional stuff you need to build some of the
other optional tasks, since I was really only interested in having the
<depend> task.)

Diane

=====
(holtdl@yahoo.com)