ant-user mailing list archives

From Andrew Goodnough <agoo...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Dir attribute of the execute task.
Date Mon, 08 Jan 2001 20:00:32 GMT
The command attribute is deprecated so here's a solution
using the executable attribute instead.

    <target name="test">
        <exec executable="cmd">
            <arg value="/Cdir C:\"/>
        </exec>
    </target>

Andy

--- Eoin Whelan <ewhelan@seagull.nl> wrote:
> Hi,
> 	I execute this task :
>
> 	<exec dir="C:\" command="dir"/>
>
>             but it does not give me the directory listing
> of C:\, it gives
> me the listing of a different directory, namely the
> directory I execute the
> ant build command from.
>
> 	Is this the way it should work or should it give me the
> listing for C:\? If
> this is the expected way, how can I get the listing of
> C:\?
>
> Eoin Whelan
> Software Developer.
> <mailto: ewhelan@seagull.nl>
>
> SEAGULL IRELAND
> Swords Plaza, Main street, Swords, Co. Dublin, Ireland
> P.O.Box 6751, Swords.
> Tel.   +353 1 8903090, Fax  +353 1 8903089
>
> http://www.seagullsw.com/

=====

Andrew Goodnough
agoodno@yahoo.com

How do you know you've come far enough, until you've gone too far?

- Sheldon Kopp