ant-user mailing list archives

From Diane Holt <hol...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Using <property resource=...>
Date Wed, 03 Jan 2001 02:28:17 GMT
--- Peter Donald <donaldp@apache.org> wrote:
> Show us how you specify resource,

I tried specifying it as just the simple filename (foo.properties), as
well as by the path it has in the jar-file (com/foo/foo.properties).

> echo your classpath before available runs
> and shows us what verbose says when it checks that available ;)

I'm not using the <available> task -- I'm using the <property> task.

But speaking of classpaths -- it seems that if <property> does (which I'm
not entirely sure of yet, since it doesn't yet work for me) let you
specify a properties file contained in a jar-file, then <property> should
support nested <classpath>, since there's no reason to require you have
the jar-file in your CLASSPATH going into Ant.

For the time being, however, I stuck the jar-file in $ANT_HOME/lib, as a
kludgy way of making doubly extra sure the jar-file would be in Ant's
classpath. I ran it debug before I sent mail the first time, and yes, the
jar-file that contain the properties file I'm pointing "resource" to is in
the classpath.

Thanks,
Diane

=====