ant-user mailing list archives

From "Jason Rosenberg" <ja...@squaretrade.com>
Subject Re: Explicit values only in properties file?
Date Tue, 16 Jan 2001 05:25:50 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Conor MacNeill" <conor@ebinteractive.com.au>
To: <ant-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Monday, January 15, 2001 6:40 PM
Subject: RE: Explicit values only in properties file?

Yes, I stand corrected, forward references within a given properties
file are resolved.  But references that span a series of properties
files will not behave that way, so, the loading of properties
files is order dependent, which is compatible with the notion
that the evaluating of <property> tags is also order dependent
at run-time......

So, individual properties declared within a properties file behave
differently than the properties declared directly in the xml.  We
should be thinking of properties declared in files as a self-resolving
group of properties.  Properties declared outside the group
won't have that behavior.

Any plans to make all property loading non-order dependent?
That really would float the declarative boat, wouldn't it?

> > , since, after
> > all, we are all scripting here.
> >

> whatever floats you boat.

My boat is not out of dry dock yet.