ant-user mailing list archives

From "Conor MacNeill" <co...@cortexebusiness.com.au>
Subject Re: Ant with Jonas EJB Container
Date Sat, 20 Jan 2001 13:30:40 GMT
Andy,

From: "Andy Steele" <asteele@viviance.com>
> Currently using Ant 1.2 to build the components for a system working
against
> the Jonas EJB container.
>
> I have a supplied Task for running the Jonas GenIC tool for creating the
> stubs etc. for the beans. At the moment each bean descriptor file must be
> passed in turn to the Task. I'd like to use a FileSet to specify a set of
> descriptors.
>
> Before I start delving into the code for the GenIC and EJB optional
tasks,
> has anyone done any similar work.

One of my goals with the <ejbjar> task is to be able to support multiple
vendor EJB deployment tools. Therefore, I'd ask you to consider adding a
nested element to <ejbjar>. I can help with that, although I don't know
anything about Jonas. I don't know how well another tool would fit into the
<ejbjar> framework. It was developed with weblogic in mind so there may
need to be some rework to generalize that to other tools.

Let me know.
Conor