ant-user mailing list archives

From Tina Armstrong <Tina.Armstr...@sas.com>
Subject Ant/javac
Date Wed, 24 Jan 2001 20:53:27 GMT
Hi there,

I have just started working with ant,

I have ant installed, and I am testing a build.xml
which looks like:
<project default="compile" basedir=".">

   <target name="init">
      <tstamp/>
      <property name="build.compiler" value="modern"/>
      <property name="src" value="."/>
      <property name="classes" value="."/>
      <property name="classpath" value="."/>
   </target>

   <target name="prepare" depends="init">
   </target>

   <target name="compile" depends="prepare">
      <javac
         srcdir="${src}"
         destdir="${classes}/classes"
         classpath="${classpath}"
         debug="true"
         deprecation="true"
         includes="**"
         />
   </target>

</project>

which is compiling everything ok and creating my classes,etc.

however, it re-compiles everything everytime, and I thought that the following should apply:
The source and destination directory will be recursively scanned for Java source files to
compile. Only Java files that have no corresponding class file or where the class file is
older than the java file will be compiled.

Do I have something set in this build.xml which is telling it to recompile all .java files
all the time....

Tina Armstrong
tina.armstrong@sas.com