ant-user mailing list archives

From "Mount, Dave" <david.mo...@benefitpoint.com>
Subject RE: ejbjar doesn't include dependent classes in jarfile?
Date Mon, 08 Jan 2001 18:00:07 GMT
I noticed the same thing, but I thought it was a nice feature of Ant that it
doesn't need to include all of the dependencies to run ejbc on the EJB jar.
WebLogic seems to be okay with this as long as the dependency classes are
found in the WebLogic classpath (I use POST_CLASSPATH in the
startWebLogic.cmd script).  The hypothesis around here is that WebLogic's
class loader let's us get away with that.

On the other hand, it has always seemed weird to have to include custom
dependency classes, whereas you don't have to include JDK classes, for
example.

And yes, before I started using Ant (two weeks ago), my build scripts would
unjar my custom libraries into an temp EJB directory along with deployment
descriptors, then re-jar and ejbc the whole thing.  With multiple EJBs all
depending on my custom library, it meant lots of duplication, which doesn't
settle too well.

-Dave Mount

-----Original Message-----
From: Ed Staub [mailto:estaub@kana.com]
Sent: Monday, January 08, 2001 8:22 AM
To: 'ant-user@jakarta.apache.org'
Subject: ejbjar doesn't include dependent classes in jarfile?

It looks like ejbjar only includes .class files which are explicitly called
for in the deployment descriptor.

I have dependent .class files which I need to include also.
I would have thought that this is a very common case.

Am I correct about ejbjar?
If so, how do other people handle this?  Unjar and rejar with the missing
pieces?

Thanks,
-Ed Staub