ant-user mailing list archives

From "Conor MacNeill" <co...@cognet.com.au>
Subject Re: <ejbjar>, <ejb-ref> Problem
Date Fri, 12 Jan 2001 11:20:14 GMT
Daniel,

In Ant 1.2, ejbjar would find the CMP descriptor by assuming it had the
same naming scheme as that of your ejb-jar and weblogic-ejb-jar deployment
descriptors. It would then map that, within the generated jar file, to a
name, "weblogic-cmp-rdbms-jar.xml". That scheme is not vey nice for two
reasons

1. you can't have more than one CMP descriptor for the ejb-jar file
2. Your weblogic descriptor needs to refer to the CMP descriptor by the
name "weblogic-cmp-rdbms-jar.xml", even though it may actually be named
Fubar-weblogic-cmp-rdbms-jar.xml on your disk.

In ant 1.3, this problem goes away. Now the weblogic descriptor is parsed
to actually find the CMP files and these are added under their actual name
into the ejbjar. This is definitely the way to go so I wanted to encourage
people to make the change without breaking backward compatability. So I
introduced oldCMP, defaulting to true but with the ugly deprecation
warning.

To change to the new scheme, you need to set oldCMP="false" and change your
weblogic descriptor to correctly name the CMP file. If your CMP file is
already named this way, then just setting the attribute should be
sufficient.

It is pretty ugly, so I am tempted to change it to log this message at
verbose level to reduce the annoyance factor.

What do you think?

Conor