ant-user mailing list archives

From St├ęphane Bailliez <sbaill...@imediation.com>
Subject Re: junit task with formatter
Date Mon, 15 Jan 2001 02:16:58 GMT
----- Original Message -----
From: "Chris Cuilla" <chris.cuilla@cuilla.com>
To: <ant-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Monday, January 15, 2001 2:01 AM
Subject: Re: junit task with formatter

> I think I found it...
>
> The project I am working on exists in a path that contains a comma (THAT's
the
> problem...not the spaces).

A space should also be a problem if the argument is not quoted otherwise
that will make 2 arguments. It works under NT but I'm afraid it's not the
case on 95/98/Unix. I will investigate.

> This is a problem for the "createAndStoreFormatter()" method (lines
338-348 in
> JUnitTestRunner.java), since it it trying to parse the line, expecting a
comma
> separated list.

> I do not know this code very intimately, so I'm not sure exactly why the
code
> needs to do this. If I did, I's try to fix this myself. For now, a work
around

Because a formatter argument is made of a classname and possibly a filename
for the output. The comma separates the classname from the filename:
formatter=<classname>,<filename>

> appears to be...don't put projects in directory paths that contain commas.

That should be rare enough but it's still a bug, I will fix it in 1.3a.

--
Stephane Bailliez, Paris - France