ant-user mailing list archives

From Beaumont Muni <BM...@iLumin.com>
Subject Re: Fully Automated Builds
Date Fri, 19 Jan 2001 01:15:19 GMT

Hello:

In reading up on the postings pertaining to this subject, I have been trying
some things out, specifically what was that recommended by Filip Hanik. I
tried separating my build task into 2 separate processes. The first being
the process to do a javac, and the second is to email the resulting log file
from the first process. So thus I have e.g. compile.xml and email.xml.  I
then invoked a main test.xml ant file in which I used  <ant...> invoke these
two xml files (i.e. compile.xml followed by email.xml). I find that if the
first process or xml, (the javac task) builds successfully, then the second
email process or xml is invokable and so the process completes as expected.
If the first process  fails, then the second process is not even touched.
Ant bails all the way out.

My question is how do I can I continue to get the second xml to run inspite
of the failure of the first one? Our automation process requires the second
one to run - regardless.

Thanks

Beaumont Muni
http://www.ilumin.com