ant-user mailing list archives

From "Filip Hanik" <fi...@filip.net>
Subject building swing applications?
Date Mon, 08 Jan 2001 20:26:11 GMT
I'm having some serious problems :) compiling swing applications using ANT.
I'm using JDK1.3 and I am including rt.jar, dt.jar, i18n.jar and jaws.jar in
my classpath.
But somehow the compiler can not resolve the swing classes properly.
Should the swing classes not be included in the system classpath?
the error I get, and the code can be found below the error

any ideas will help
    [javac] Compiling 208 source files to
D:\Development\RateXChange\src\build\output
    [javac]
D:\Development\RateXChange\src\build\..\rPit\com\ratexchange\lookingglass\Bu
ttonEditor.java:32: The type javax.swing.DefaultCellEditor.EditorDelegate to
which the member setValue belongs is not accessible from local class
com.ratexchange.lookingglass.ButtonEditor. 1.
    [javac]     super.setValue(theValue);

import java.util.EventObject;
import javax.swing.DefaultCellEditor;
import javax.swing.JButton;
import javax.swing.JTextField;
public class ButtonEditor extends  DefaultCellEditor {

  public ButtonEditor(final JButton theButton) {
    super(new JTextField());
    editorComponent = theButton;
    delegate = new DefaultCellEditor.EditorDelegate() {
      public void setValue(final Object theValue) {
 System.out.println("ButtonEditor-setValue-theValue:"+theValue);
 super.setValue(theValue);
 theButton.setText((theValue != null) ? theValue.toString() : "");
      }

      public boolean isCellEditable(final EventObject anEvent) {

System.out.println("ButtonEditor-isCellEditable-getCellEditorValue:"+getCell
EditorValue());
 if (getCellEditorValue() == null) return false;
 return super.isCellEditable(anEvent);
      }
    };
    setClickCountToStart(1);