ant-user mailing list archives

From "Nico Seessle" <>
Subject Re: getting result back from an <exec> task
Date Mon, 22 Jan 2001 22:12:38 GMT
----- Original Message -----
From: "Bevan Arps" <>
To: <>
Sent: Monday, January 22, 2001 10:59 PM
Subject: Re: getting result back from an <exec> task

> One use: The Delphi compiler sets a result code based on whether the
> compilation worked or failed.
> At the moment I have to detect success/failure based on whether specific
> output files are created.

Your buildfile does not exit with "build failed" in this case? Can you post
a snippet of your buildfile? (Just to make sure everything is as it should
be :-) )

> FYI:
> The standard for this (inherited all the way from CPM!) is zero for no
> error, any other number identifies the error found.

The source for this task contains

            if (err != 0) {
                if (failOnError) {
                    throw new BuildException("Exec returned: "+err,
                } else {
                    log("Result: " + err, Project.MSG_ERR);

so ant generally tries to behave like expected. Let's have a look on your
snippet and if it looks right I will try wo reproduce this.

View raw message