ant-user mailing list archives

From "Nico Seessle" <>
Subject Re: Uptodate problem
Date Mon, 22 Jan 2001 22:08:17 GMT
----- Original Message -----
From: "Steve Wilkinson" <>
To: <>
Sent: Monday, January 22, 2001 10:54 PM
Subject: RE: Uptodate problem

> Nico,
> Thanks for the response.
> I wondered about that.  I'm really using the uptodate to perform an
> outofdate function.  I guess I got caught.  Anyone working on an outofdate
> task?

Hmm.. I would think your usage could be right depending in what the task is
defined to do. (Maybe I would try to use it the same way if I wouldn't have
the source :-) )

Since ant is currently most of the time ignoring files that are specified
thru a fileset (even if they are specified without masking them) the problem
is just that ant does not know that there are more files which are "older"
(if you define not existing files to be really old) than your target.

View raw message