ant-user mailing list archives

From St├ęphane Bailliez <baill...@cybercable.fr>
Subject Re: How to
Date Sat, 06 Jan 2001 00:54:08 GMT
----- Original Message -----
From: "Mahmoud, Khairy" <Khairy.Mahmoud@msdw.com>

Hello !

> (1)
> How would "ant" run a "perl" script ?
> Is there a task that can do that ?
> Or can I write a task that do that ?.  if yes, how would it look like ?

Use the exec task. There's support for perl under Windows...and unix.
This is just a matter of invoking the right command line.

> (2)
> How would ant invoke third party software to run, e.g. "JTest" or "JUnit",
> etc .....?
> Do i have to write a task to do that ?

There's already a junit task.
I think that JTest is on the way.

If the thirdparty software is not already supported by existing task, you
can either:
- use the exec task or java task just like you would do by hand if it is a
simple 'task'.
- write a Ant task that support your thirdparty tool and that is perfectly
integrated into ant.

Please don't forget to read the ant manual and check existing tasks
http://jakarta.apache.org/ant/jakarta-ant/docs/

There are additional tasks in the current development snapshot that were
submitted. But don't forget it's in development. If you use a development
snapshot, you know what are the implications...

Hope it helps.

---
Stephane Bailliez, Paris France