ant-user mailing list archives

From "Stephane Bailliez" <baill...@noos.fr>
Subject Re: junit GUI option
Date Sun, 14 Jan 2001 12:28:23 GMT
----- Original Message -----
From: "Chris Cuilla" <chris.cuilla@cuilla.com>
Sent: Sunday, January 14, 2001 3:22 AM

> Has anyone thought that having the option of the junit task invoking the
GUI
> version of TestRunner would be nice?

I'm not sure it would have a sense in this case.
To me, the JUnit task should mostly be integrated with the build, thus this
is not something that should be run in a gui, but in a command line. No user
interaction should be needed.

Note, that I don't completely disagree nor that I completely agree.
There are times where it could be nice to have it, but it is all a matter of
displaying the information correctly. Right now results are not aggregated
thus makes it a PITA to browse into all of them. (I'm working on it but
don't want to break too many existing things and I have to consider
enhancements that are in the todo list of JUnit 3.5+).

--
Stephane Bailliez, Paris - France